generally begins for the winter semester in mid-September and for the summer semester in mid-March. You will be notified of the precise dates and place of with the information on registration, together with your letter of admission. Once you have enrolled, you will become a student of Otto von Guericke University. You will then receive your student ID card (UniCard) and important information on your course.
After enrolling, you will receive your student ID card, which you must validate, or activate, and with which you can travel free of charge on the trams and buses in Magdeburg. This is what your student ID card looks like:
If your UniCard is lost or damaged, please notify the Campus Service Center (CSC), Building 18, Universitätsplatz Campus immediately.
Enrolment for students who are working towards an academic degree
for international students working towards an academic degree takes place via email.
In order to be enrolled, you have to prepare and present the following documents:
- application for
- proof of identity (passport): Please note that you will need a valid during your stay in Germany. You can find more information at Federal Foreign Office!
- proof of here; sender number of OVGU (“Absendernummer”): H 000 1216 : Explanations on how to apply for can be found
- proof of correspondence address in Germany (city registration or rental contract, in exceptional cases: c/o-address)
- one passport-size photograph (jpg, jpeg, gif, png, pjpeg, x-png/ max. 1MB)
- only for applicants who attended a German higher institution before: certificate of de-registration of a German higher education institution previously attended - statement that no examination in your previous studies has been irrevocably failed (“Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung”).
What happens next? Once your documents have been fully submitted, you will receive an email with the payment request for theof 129,90€. This email will be sent to the email address you provided when applying and will contain important information about the start of your studies (matriculation number, registration data for student account). This process can take up to 10 working days. In order to ensure that your application for is processed quickly, we urge you to refrain from making enquiries by e-mail or telephone. Both the large number of incoming applications and data protection preclude further information.
Enrolment for students of medicine
Enrolment for exchange programme students
International Office, Building 18.for international exchange programme students (e.g. ERASMUS+, students from partner universities etc.) takes place in the
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 10 a.m. to 12 noon
Tuesday and Thursday: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Ms Anneke Benke, Building 18, Room 149
Phone +49 (0)391 675 2634
Fax +49 (0)391 674 1132
The following documents must be presented when you enrol:
- letter of admission
- proof of identification (ID card or passport with a valid )
- confirmation of health insurance
- proof (receipt) of payment of the semester fee
- passport photo
Enrolment of doctoral students
The staff in the Department of Academic Affairs are responsible for doctoral degree courses. The Graduate School is the central service facility for all doctoral students at Otto von Guericke University and their supervisors. The MIPS initiative was set up by postgrads for postgrads and offers support and advice before and during your PhD studies.on