Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Restricted admission for some subjects
University entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur)
- no restricted admission: Educational Sciences, Educational Sciences (major subject) / Social Sciences (minor subject)
- restricted admission: Educational Sciences (major subject) / Psychology (minor subject) Application deadline Applicants with German secondary school leaving certificate (Abitur) [restricted admission] an der OVGU 15 July Applicants with German secondary school leaving certificate (Abitur) [no restriction] an der OVGU 15 September Applicants with international secondary school leaving certificate über uni-assist 15 July Language German
- Educational Sciences
- Educational Sciences (major subject) / Psychology (minor subject)
- Educational Sciences (major subject) / Social Sciences (minor subject)
Students will be put in a position to be able to diagnose learning and educational conditions, and to plan, design and evaluate learning and educational environments. Specialist knowledge in the following areas will be imparted:
- adult education,
- cultural work,
- media work,
- organisational development/knowledge management,
- promotion of health and rehabilitation.
On the basis of the skills they have acquired, graduates of this course will be suitable for flexible employment in various professional fields, in particular for activity in occupational and general education management. They will be in a position to take on basic pedagogical activities in institutions that offer extracurricular youth education, family advisory services or that work with the elderly, as well as in government ministries, local authorities, universities, associations, companies and rehabilitation centres. Alongside work in the social field, they will also find employment in educational management and human resources and organisational development in private enterprise.
Competencies and Interests Required
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate sensitivity to personal and social interrelationships, the ability to work independently and a proactive approach to developing subject areas.
Last Modification: 31.05.2022
- Contact Person: