I am professor for Operations Management in the Center of Operations Research and Business Analytics (CORBA) at the Otto-von-Guericke-University, Magdeburg. My research interests are analysis and optimization of structures and processes in economics, management, and the business industry. In particular, I am focused on prescriptive analytics, i.e., the integration of predictive analytics and mathematical programming, with applications to transportation, logistics, energy, health care, retail, and marketing.
- 2014 Habilitation qualification (~ Assistant Professor / Lecturer), Business Administration, Hamburg University
- 2008 PhD Transport Economics and Logistics, Institute for Economics and Transportation, Dresden University of Technology
- 2003 MA Economic Geography, Department of Geography, RWTH Aachen University
- Since 2020 Full Professor (chaired) for Operations Management, Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg
- Since 2019 Adjunct Professor, RWTH Aachen Business School, Aachen.
- 2019-2020 Associate Professor for Business Analytics, European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder)
- 2015-2019 Associate Professor for Transport Business Economics, Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences
- 2015 Privatdozent (Asisstant Professor / Lecturer), Institute for Transport Economics, Hamburg University
- 2010-2014 Post Doc, Institute for Transport Economics, Hamburg University
- 2003-2010 Research and Teaching Assistant, Institute for Economics and Transportation, Dresden University of Technology
Awards & Honors
- 2015 INFORMS Franz Edelman Award
- Chair of the working group "Logistics and Transportation" of the German Association for Operations Research, since 2016
- Member of the INFORMS Franz Edelman Award Selection Committee since 2016