She received her PhD degree in electrical engineering and computer science under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Jürgen Teich at the University of Paderborn in 2004. Sanaz joined the Computational Laboratory (CoLab) of the computational science department at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich in Switzerland in 2004. In 2006, Sanaz joined Institute AIFB at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and started working on her habilitation in applied computer science which she successfully finished in 2012. The title of her habilitation thesis is: Self-organized Parallel Optimization.
In 2010, Sanaz was a visiting scholar at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia and in 2013 she has been a visiting scholar at the Yale University, New Haven, USA, where she visited the Social Robotic Laboratory.
In 2014, Sanaz received the prestigious DFG Heisenberg-Professorship at KIT.
Sanaz is an active member in international communities. She is the vice president of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (starting from 2021) and served as adcom member for two terms (2015-2020).
Selected activities since 2019:
- since 2021: Vice President for member activities at IEEE Computational Intelligence Society
- 2021: General Chair, IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, December 2021, Orlando, USA
- since 2020: Member of the senate of the University of Magdeburg
- since 2018: Appointed as the member of the advisory board on digitalization, Ministry of Economy, Science and Digitalization, State Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany
- since 2016: Deputy chair and member of the executive board Informatics Germany (Fakultätentag Informatik der Bundesrepublik Deutschland)
- since 2017: Chair of the Steering Board, IEEE Transactions on Games (ToG)
- since 2020: Appointed as IEEE CIS Distinguished Lecturer
- since 2020: Associate Editor IEEE Transactions on AI
- since 2012: Associate Editor IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation
- since 2020: Vertrauendozentin, Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft (SDW)
- since 2010: Member of Evolutionary Computation Technical Committee (ECTC) - IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS)
- 2015 - 2020: Elected member of Administrative Committee (ADCOM) - IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (IEEE-CIS)
- 2020: Chair, Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Symposium, IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, December 2020, Australia
- 2020: Track Chair, Evolutionary Multi-Criteria Optimization, GECCO, July 2020, Mexico
- 2019: Program Chair, Evolutionary Multicriterion Optimization Conference, March 2019, Michigan, USA
- 2019: General Chair, IEEE Conference on Games, 20-23 August 2019, London, UK
- since 2019: Member of 4ING Board (4ING der Dachverein der Fakultätentage der Ingenieurwissenschaften und der Informatik an Universitäten).
|seit 2014 |
|Universitätsprofessorin, Lehrstuhl für Computational Intelligence, Institut für Wissens- und Sprachverarbeitung (IWS) Fakultät für Informatik Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg|
Dorothea-Erxleben-Gastprofessorin Institut für Wissens- und Sprachverarbeitung (IWS) Fakultät für Informatik Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg
|2013||Visiting Scholar Faculty of Computer Science Yale University, USA|
|Mai 2012||Habilitation Angewandte Informatik Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)|
|2009-2010||Gastwissenschaftlerin Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australien|
|2006 - 13||Akademische Rätin auf Zeit Institut für Angewandte Informatik und Formale Beschreibungsverfahren (AIFB) Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)|
|2004 - 06||Postdoctoral Fellow Computational Laboratory (CoLab) Institute of Computational Science Department Informatik ETH Zürich - Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich|
|September 2004||Promotion Fakultät für Elektrotechnik, Informatik und Mathematik (EIM) Universität Paderborn|
|2001 - 04||Doktorandin DFG Graduiertenkolleg - Paderborn Institute for Scientific Computation (PaSCo): Application-oriented Modelling and Development of Algorithms Fakultät für Elektrotechnik, Informatik und Mathematik (EIM) Universität Paderborn|