A lively and attractive research and educational landscape is developing in Magdeburg. This is a basic requirement for bringing more creative people here and creating a bond between our own young talent and the city. Academics and scientists from all over the world are already working in teaching and research in Magdeburg. A variety of academic institutions lend the city a sense of dynamic development. They offer attractive jobs for highly qualified employees. This has a positive impact on demographic change, as well as the culture, social status and quality of life in the city. At the same time, as cooperation partners for industry, they are an important economic factor for the region as a whole.
Science and research are changing the cityscape. The University Campus has become an attractive part of the city. Directly alongside the river Elbe, in close proximity to Otto von Guericke University, a new quarter for research and innovative companies is developing in the Science Port.
Range of scientific institutions and research centres in the city of Magdeburg
- German Centre for Neurodegenerative Diseases DZNE
- FEZ Research and Development Centre Magdeburg GmbH
- Fraunhofer Institute for Favtory Operation and Automation IFF
- Galileo Test Site Saxony-Anhalt
- Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ
- Institute for Automation and Communication e.V. Magdeburg (ifak)
- IGZ Innovation and Start-Up Centre Magdeburg GmbH
- InnoMed e. V. – Network for Medical Technology in Saxony-Anhalt.
- Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology Magdeburg LIN
- MARS – Magdeburg Consortium for Research under Space Flight and Zero-Gravity Conditions
- Max Planck Institute for the Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems
- STIMULATE – Solution Centre for Image Guided Local Therapies
- tti Technology Transfer and Innovation Support Magdeburg GmbH
- Centre for Neuroscientific Innovation and Technology ZENIT GmbH
- Experimental Factory Magdeburg, ZPVP GmbH
- SAP University Skills Centre