Systems Engineering for Manufacturing
Systems Engineering for Manufacturing
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
No restricted admission
The applicant has a bachelor's degree, a Diploma degree from an university or a equally weighted higher education organisation within the legal area of the Higher Education Acts of the federal counties of the Federal Republic of Germany, a comparable degree at a state or state-approved university of cooperative education, a master degree or one with a state examination completed degree in engineering or on a closely related field with an extend of at least 180 Credit Points (CP following ECTS) or six semesters.
The graduated degree has included (following ECTS)
- at least 25 CP in the competence field of natural sciences and informatics (including at least 10CP in mathematics, at least 5 CP in physics, and at least 5 CP in information sciences),
- at least 10 CP (ECTS) in design,
- at least 10 CP (ECTS) in engineering mechanics,
- at least 20 CP in the competence field of engineering sciences (including at least 5 CP in manufacturing technologies, at least 5 CP in material sciences), and
- at least 10 CP (ECTS) in economics,
and shall have an average mark of 2.500 or better.
Applicants have to provide evidence of a successfully completed English language course at C1 level following the joined European reference system for languages. This evidence can be reached by providing one of the following certificates:
- TOEFL-Test (minimal score: internet based – 108)
- IELTS (minimal score: 7.0)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) with at least “C1”
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) with at least “Grade C”
- UNIcert III
Application deadline Applicants with German Bachelor degree an der OVGU winter semester: September 30 Applicants with international Bachelor degree über uni-assist winter semester: August 20 Language English
The master program Systems Engineering for Manufacturing aims at domestic and international students with a bachelor's degree from scientific engineering areas. It provides skills to question existing solutions and to apply scientific methods to develop new solutions in the field of engineering and use of product and production systems. The master program is focused on subjects relevant in the field of production systems It provides knowledge and skills related to the location crossing engineering of new production systems based on the products to be manufactured as well as to life-cycle management of production systems.
The master’s program covers the methodical basis for the engineering of production systems exploiting the paradigm of systems of systems. It provides expertise for the engineering and control of production systems and enables the identification and meaningful application of dependencies between different parts and/or aspects of production systems.
Due to the method-based training graduates of the Master's degree Systems Engineering for Manufacturing are hired in virtually all industries for charming and sophisticated tasks. Fields for professionals are found in nearly all producing industries including machine and plant engineering and construction, automotive industries, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, food industries, space and aircraft industries, mining, steel and iron industries, textile industries, electric industries, medical technology industries, investment and consumer goods industries, and beyond. Application fields can be found in all sizes of companies and all types of company businesses along the industrial value chain including but not limited to device vendors, component vendors, system integrators, engineering service providers, design offices or producing companies.
Extensive and challenging fields of activities with outstanding professional and personal development opportunities can be found on the one hand in managerial and professional activities in the global manufacturing industry and on the other hand in the practice of scientifically based research on the design engineering to work in science and education in the public service as well as research facilities.
Due to the orientation of the studies towards international research and a global context of engineering as well as the use of English as language of instruction graduates are able to work competent on engineering projects in international teams all over the world.
Competencies and Interests Required
- Very good knowledge in fields of engineering science
- Interest in the use of complex engineering methodologies in engineering applications
- Interest in solving complex problems in industry and research
- Enjoying interdisciplinary work and team work