Applying for ERASMUS+
If you wish to study in Magdeburg as an ERASMUS+ student, please apply directly to your home institution for an exchange placement.
Once you have been chosen for the programme by your home institution, the institution is supposed to inform us about your nomination for an exchange place at the University of Magdeburg. You will be contacted and informed about the application process.
Please complete your application in the Incoming Portal and send your application and the necessary documents by postal mail to the University of Magdeburg before thedeadlines, which are as follows:
- Winter semester - 15th of July
- Summer semester - 15th of January
Application - Incoming Portal
Please complete the form carefully. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and require your special attention.
Application by postal mail
- Printed online application: Print the online application form after fully completing and submitting it. Please add your signature and the signature of your Erasmus+ coordinator.
- Passport photograph: approximately 3.5 x 4.5 cm,
- Learning Agreement
- Language Certificate: Evidence of linguistic competence as per the institutional agreement, typically B2 English; B2 German (if courses in German will be taken),
- Transcript of Records from your home institution.
Please send the completed application to the following address:
Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
You can use the checklists to ensure that you submit everything required for your application:
Further information, for example about student life in Magdeburg as well as all the university's exchange programmes, can be found in our Exchange Student Guide.