Course Selection for Your Learning Agreement
Please fill out the Learning Agreement form that your home university provides you with.
Amount of courses and credit points
Please consult your home institution to find out which courses, and how many, you need to complete during your Erasmus+ placement. Students at OVGU and exchange students alike usually need to complete 30 ECTS per semester (i.e. five to six courses). German and other language courses at OVGU's Language Centre can also be included upon completion (registration required).
Please check the course offered for your term in Magdeburg in due time.
Courses taught completely in English can be found following the respective links provided in the margin. These lists can be used for information purposes because most of these courses will also be offered in subsequent semesters.
The final list of taught courses will be available on the LSF portal some weeks before the semester starts. The LSF portal is OVGU's campus information system where you can find all courses offered in the current/past semesters. When selecting courses for your Learning Agreement, please use the same designation as listed on the LSF portal.
You can also check with the Erasmus+ coordinators of the faculties directly. Some faculties also provide specific websites for incoming students detailing English-taught classes and information you need to know. These are your contact persons:
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering - appl. Prof. Dr. Arndt Lüder
- Faculty of Process and Systems Engineering - JProf. Alba Diéguez Alonso and Prof. Dr. Nora Kulak
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology - Birgit Magdowski
- Faculty of Computer Science - Dr. Claudia Krull; Website for Internationals
- Faculty of Mathematics - Dr. Georg Berschneider
- Faculty of Natural Sciences - Annette Diez
- Faculty of Human Sciences - List of Advisors for Individual Study Programmes; Website for Internationals
- Faculty of Economics and Management - Grit Voigt; Website for Internationals
Academic proposals, such as preparing and completing a thesis, can only be accepted by way of exception and after documented consultation with the relevant subject coordinator at OVGU. A Learning Agreement of this type must be accompanied by a separate declaration. It is the responsibility of the exchange student and their subject coordinator to inform the relevant coordinators at OVGU of their proposal and to discuss the necessary details.