Studying as a WORLDWIDE Exchange Student
Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg (OVGU) maintains partnerships with universities all over the world. You can come to Magdeburg for a study visit lasting one or two semesters via the partnership programmes. Please note that all students planning an exchange semester at OVGU must apply through their home university. Furthermore, we do not accept any student from partner universities without an official nomination of their domestic supervisor. Please contact the international relations office of your university for more information. Once you have been nominated by your domestic supervisor, we will get in touch with you to provide detailed information about the online application procedure. Please meet the deadline for registration as you cannot be enrolled to study at OVGU otherwise!
Application for Exchange Students from Partner Universities (excluding ERASMUS+)
Applications to study individual degree programme modules as an exchange student must include the following documents from the Incoming Portal:
- Please complete the form carefully. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and require your special attention. Carefully check that the information provided in the online form is correct. Save the form and submit it online.
- The following documents must be uploaded: Transcript of Records, photograph, evidence of linguistic competence and a copy of your passport.
The confirmation of acceptance at OVGU will be sent to you by the following dates:
- for winter semester: until the end of July
- for summer semester: until the end of January
You should print it out and keep it, as you will need it for your enrollment and possibly your. Be aware that OVGU welcomes hundreds of students each semester, so it might take some time for this document to reach you.
Deadlines for application
- Winter Semester (October - March) : July 15
- Summer Semester (April - September): January
For all problems and questions concerning the online application system or the general application process, please contact the Incoming Team:
The Studentenwerk (Student Union) is a registered association that helps students with social matters. This includes providing accommodation. For exchange students, the Studentenwerk reserves a number of furnished rooms at the students residence on the campus of Otto von Guericke University. Please note that there is only a limited number of rooms available, so applying for a room does not automatically mean that you do get a room. Therefore, we recommend applying as soon as possible.
If you want to apply for a room in one of the dorms of the Studentenwerk, please complete the Online application.