The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is the faculty with the greatest tradition and the most third-party funding at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg. It offers a modern, diverse range of courses and has a wide-ranging research profile. Key areas of research and teaching include:
- project development, construction, and manufacturing of machinery, equipment and plant,
- logistics & materials handling systems,
- the development, processing and testing of novel materials,
- factory planning and management,
- plus safety and human factors & ergonomics.
Integrating science and industry provides new impetus for development and pools skills so that the University is able to make a valuable contribution on the international playing field with competitive areas of research focus.
The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is home to the following institutes:
- Institute of Mechanics (IFME)
- Institiute of Machine Design (IMK)
- Institute of Process Technology and Quality Management (IFQ)
- Institute of Ergonomics, Manufacturing Systems and Automation (IAF)
- Institute of Logistics and Material Handling Systems (ILM)
- Institute of Mobile Systems (IMS)
- Institute of Materials and Joining Technology (IWF)