Studying as a Free Mover
If your home university does not have an exchange agreement with Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, you may still apply to join our programs as free movers.
Free movers will:
- Have a time limit (maximum stay of one year).
- Be enrolled as non-degree students at OVGU.
- Not be eligible for an Erasmus+ scholarship.
- To apply as a free mover, you must be enrolled in a program at your home university.
- You can speak German or English at a B2 level.
We certainly hope that you will act as ambassadors of your home institution and open up the option of setting up a student exchange agreement between your university and Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg in the future.
We will grant free movers all the benefits and services we provide to exchange students from our partner universities. Please refer to the For exchange students section to learn more about courses and grades, important deadlines. Free movers are exempt from tuition fees. Every student enrolled at the university must pay the semester fee at the beginning of the semester.
Application - Incoming Portal
- Registration form
- Please complete the form carefully. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and require your special attention. Carefully check that the information provided in the online form is correct. Save the form and submit it online.
- The following documents must be uploaded online: transcript of records, photograph, evidence of linguistic competence and a copy of your passport
- Please send via post to the International Office of the Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg: the registration form, a copy of your passport, a photo, the transcript of records, the language certificate, the Curriculum Vitae and certificate from your home university.
- fall semester (October- March): July 15
- summer semester (April- September): January 15