15. November - 15. December for a funding starting in summer semester (1. April)
01. June - 30. June for a funding starting in winter semester (1. October)
Selection of recipients:
Ranking of applications by the faculties: January/February and July/August
Selection of recipients by the central commission for the awarding of scholarships takes place in the middle of March/September
Scholarships are initially granted for two semesters. Where study results remain good, it may be possible to continue the scholarship within the standard course duration; this is fundamentally desirable. To this end, study performance is monitored once a year.
The scholarship amounts to €300 per month. The scholarship is granted irrespective of income and parental contributions and is not offset against any BAföG payments.
The next application round is from 15. November until 15. December.
The application is only possible via our online-portal, which is going to be activated on 15. November.
Requirements for Applicants
Students who meet the following conditions are eligible for funding:
- those enrolled on a first, second or complementary course of studies, on a Master's degree programme or a part-time in-service / dual degree course,
- those who are enrolled at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg at the start of the approval period and who,
- taking into account the existing approval period in accordance with § 6 para. 1 line 3 of the German law governing scholarship schemes (StipG) are enrolled at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg for at least two more semesters within the standard course duration for a course (including consecutive Master's degree).
As an applicant, you should stand out through your excellent study achievements and special social commitment.
Following documents are required:
- a letter of motivation of no more than two sides,
- a curriculum vitae in tabular form,
- your university entrance qualification certificate; and in the case of foreign certificates, with a conversion to the German grading system (if necessary, please contact Mrs. Sylvia Nagel in building 06, room 009)
- evidence of study credits, where already completed,
- a certificate of enrolment, if already issued,
- for applicants for a Master's degree course place, the first degree certificate and, where necessary, additional evidence of achievement in accordance with the admissions and selection provisions for the Master's degree course,
- where necessary, proof of a special qualification entitling you to study on the relevant course at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg,
- where necessary, internship/employment references and evidence of special awards and prizes, other skills and further commitment,
- where necessary, declaration regarding the special social, family or personal circumstances governed by § 6 para 2 no. 3.
Request for extension
The following documents are required for a request for extension:
- Informal application (E-Mail is sufficient)
- Current evidence of study credits with average grade
- Current certificate of enrolment
- Listing of your social commitments, if there are any updates
If you're changing from a Bachelor to a Master's degree study, please submit the application form again.