We wish to prove that we are here for our students even in the current situation and that we understand their needs and take them seriously. OVGU and the Gesellschaft der Freunde und Förderer der Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg e.V. are collecting donations for a student relief fund. Students can apply for a one-off grant of 450 euros to cover their short-term living expenses.
Who is eligible for the grant?
All students at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, who are in a financially difficult situation, can apply for a one-time grant regardless of faculty and semester. The only prerequisite for the subsistence grant is being enrolled at OVGU. Students are encouraged to apply even if they are unsure about whether they meet all of the stated criteria. No student shall be legally entitled to this grant, which, among other things, is entirely dependent on the availability of funds.
What to include in your application
- Your personal information so that we can follow up (surname, forename, email address, telephone number)
- A brief summary of your financial situation (why do I need a grant?)
- A valid certificate of (SoSe 2020)
- A positive/negative BAföG application response (if available)
- Proof of other income (employment contract, payroll, etc.)
- Documentary proof of your regular outgoings (e.g., , childcare, tenancy agreement, a doctor’s note if you yourself are ill, proof of any existing debts or credit repayments etc.)
Where and how to apply
- Vice President for Academic Affairs
- The Advisor to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- The Department of Academic Affairs Representative
- The International Office Representative
- The Student Council Representative
Applications may be submitted as of the 4th of May 2020. The first jury meeting will take place on the 13th of May 2020 and the first payment will be made on the 15th of May 2020.
Applications may also be submitted after the 13th of May 2020. Depending on available funds and further needs, there will be another selection on the 25th of May 2020, so that further Student Relief Grants can be paid on the 27th of May 2020.