Applying directly to OVGU
- Which applications must be submitted directly to the University?
- Which documents do I need to submit directly to the University?
- When must my direct application reach the University?
Direct application to OVGU applies for:
- for Teaching Degree Programmes
- for Further Qualifications
- for Doctoral Studies
- Non-German Master applicants, who earned their Bachelor's degree in Germany, also apply directly to University (Exception: Applications for Master courses Peace- and Conflict Studies, Integrative Neuroscience and Performance Analysis of Sport must in any case be conducted through uni-assist).
Please note that it is not possible to apply directly to the University online. Foreign nationals must always use the Application Form for Admission to Studies and send their complete documents to the following postal address:
|Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg|
|Frau Ulrike Schmidt
Foreign nationals holding the German Abitur are treated in the same way as German candidates in the application process and may apply online (German only ). Foreign nationals with a German Bachelor's degree, but an international secondary school certificate are not treated in the same way as German candidates!
- Printed and personally signed Application Form for Admission to Studies;
- simple copy of the pages of your passport containing your personal details and photograph, and your residence permit where applicable;
- officially certified copy and sworn translation of your secondary school leaving certificate (in German or English) with grades and overview of subjects;
- officially certified copy and sworn translation of the certificate for the higher education entrance examination completed in your home country, if taken;
- officially certified copies and sworn translations of subject and grade overviews, diplomas, university degrees (Bachelor's, Master's) and certificates for years of study already completed at other universities;
- officially certified copy of German or English language certificates, depending on the course:
German: Proof of completion of German language examinations; proof of at least B1 for participating in a Preparatoy Language Course in German and B1 for participating at the Preparatory Course (Studienkolleg);
English: Official TOEFL Score Report (TOEFL Test) or equivalent language certificates (please check this in the brief description of your course); the original certificates must be submitted, or certified copies; the TOEFL Score Report can also be sent directly to the University; TOEFL Code of Otto von Guericke University: 0183;
- officially certified copy of the assessment test (if required);
- specific evidence, if required for your desired course (letter of motivation, proof of internship or placement, letter of recommendation, proof of having completed aptitude tests - in this regard, please check the brief description of your course);
- applicants from the People's Republic of China, Mongolia and Vietnam, please append an original of the certificate issued by the Academic Evaluation Centre (Akademische Prüfstelle, APS) at the German Embassy in Beijing (German only ), Ulan Bator (German only ) or Hanoi (German only ).
No documents will be accepted by email or fax and no advance assessment of qualifications will be provided.
- For the winter semester (WS): by 15 July
- For the summer semester (SS): by 15 January
The University will strive to complete the processing of all international admission applications by 15 August (winter semester) or 15 February (summer semester).