Granting of a leave
If you want to apply for study leave, fill out the necessary form and deliver it to the Campus Service Center - Students’ Office (Building 01). The form must be signed and include the proof(s) of the reason for the desired leave.
Important reasons for study leave are:
- A disease excluding the possibility to realize studies according to the regulations;
- Realization of an internship;
- Study semester(s) abroad;
- Military draft or realization of other services;
- Active membership in university or student bodies;
- Pregnancy, maternity or parent leave, fosterage and care for relatives.
Other reasons have to be checked for each individual case by the head of the Department of Study Affairs or the Dean’s Office for Study Affairs at the Medical Faculty.
Study leave can be granted for complete semesters only. The duration shall not exceed two sequent semesters. Within the framework of one study programme the maximum time for leave is four semesters. In undergraduate programmes usually no study leave will be granted in the first semester. A decision about exceptions can be taken by the head of the Department of Study Affairs or the Dean’s Office for Study Affairs at the Medical Faculty having checked the individual case. For Master students study leave during the first semester is possible.
During study leave rights and duties of students are in abeyance. However, upon approval by the examination committee examinations may be taken.