ERASMUS + 2014-2020
EU programme for general and vocational education, youth and sport
Erasmus+ is the programme for education, youth and sport in the European Union. Erasmus+ brings together the existing EU programmes for lifelong learning, youth and sport plus the European cooperation programmes in the Higher Education sector.
Erasmus+ is equipped with a budget of around 14.8 billion euros. Over four million people will benefit from the EU funding by 2020. The programme, which will last for seven years, aims to improve skills and employability and promote the modernisation of the systems of general and vocational education and child and youth welfare.
Erasmus+ is subdivided into the following educational sectors:
- University education (NA - German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD))
- School education (NA - Education Exchange Service (PAD))
- Vocational education (NA - Federal Institute for Vocational Education & Training (BIBB))
- Adult Education (NA - Federal Institute for Vocational Education & Training (BIBB))
- YOUTH IN ACTION (NA - Youth for Europe (JFE))