After you have familiarised yourself with our WOLRDWIDE partner universities (or with the current study offers on our main page) your next step should be a personal consultation in the International Office. This should take place at the latest at the start of the winter semester, as the application deadline for WORLDWIDE placements is on 01 December for the following academic year.
Study abroad applications must be made using your OVGU student email address. For communication with our International Office, no private email addresses can be accepted. Be aware that all correspondence to and from our International Office, either prior to or during mobilities abroad, will and must be effected with the OVGU student email address.
The following documents must be included in your WORLDWIDE online application:
- Study plan, in English (as integral part of the online application);
- tabular CV, in English;
- current grade transcript, in English (with information on preliminary overall grade). Graduate students must also submit simple copies of the undergraduate degree certificate and of the graded undergraduate course list.
- current certificate of language skills for the language of instruction (Language Requirements);
- current "Confirmation of progress of studies" at OVGU (no enrollment certificate);
- a current Letter of Recommendation from a university lecturer of your study area, in English.
All WORLDWIDE applicants will be notified about the result of the selection procedure starting December 20th. For nominated WORLDWIDE candidates, the second phase of the application, i.e. the application at the partner university, starts in February. In principle, the candidates are already registered as a result of the nomination from Otto von Guericke University. However, for admission to the desired courses and for the admission letter further proofs and documents must be submitted, such as, for example, a copy of your current passport, immunisation and health certificates, and proof of financial standing (especially for the USA).