Information for the winter semester 2021/22
Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg is planning a return to classroom teaching from the winter semester of 2021/22. The last weeks and months of the Corona pandemic allow the university management to look to the future with optimism, but nevertheless with due respect. Together with the universities of the state and the Ministry of Economics, Science and Digitalisation, we have agreed to hold the winter semester 2021/22 as an attendance university semester. Of course, while maintaining infection control measures on campus. The resumption of teaching on campus is linked to the 3G principle (vaccinated, tested or recovered).
In addition, the following general requirements apply:
- On campus and in the buildings, the AHA+L hygiene rules apply to university members and guests. Masks are compulsory there if the minimum distance cannot be maintained.
- On the traffic areas of the buildings there is an obligation to wear a mask (medical or FFP2). This also applies in the event room if the minimum distance (1.50 m) cannot be maintained. In principle, this also applies to the way to and from the seating area.
- The OVGU-Pass will be available for students and lecturers. More information on this can be found here.
- Using the 3G rule, the occupancy rate in the lecture halls will be 100%. With less than the minimum distance (1.50m), masks are mandatory. Voluntary wearing of a (medical) mouth-nose covering is of course free for all members.
- Students who are unable to attend attendance events for health reasons are required to present a medical certificate and contact their faculty or the person responsible for the study program as soon as possible.
- International students who are unable to travel to Germany will be provided with the course materials online.
- Employees and students please also note the Rectorate's decision on the implementation of the winter semester 2021/22.
We look forward to welcoming you personally to the campus again. That is why we would like to call on you: Come to Magdeburg again! Finally meet again together on the refectory square, discuss among yourselves in lectures, learn together with fellow students.