New hygiene rules for the campus
With the publication of the new hygiene concept of Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, new hygiene measures will also apply on campus from 6 April 2021. We would like to point out to all university members and guests that these regulations must be observed. Below you will find an overview of the changes. Important: The following list is an abbreviated presentation of the hygiene measures. Please read the complete hygiene concept of the university!
Basic hygiene rules:
- If COVID-19 symptoms occur, e.g. acute respiratory symptoms and/or fever and/or disturbance of the sense of taste or smell, stay at home.
- Keep your distance: Wherever possible, keep a minimum distance of 1.50 m from other people.
- FFP2 mask must be worn in all university buildings (including lecture halls, seminar rooms, sanitary facilities). There is no obligation to wear mouth-nose protection at the workplace.
- A FFP2 mask must be worn on campus premises if the minimum distance of 1.50 metres cannot be maintained.
- Pay attention to hand hygiene and avoid hugging or shaking hands!
- Observe cough and sneeze etiquette: Coughing and sneezing into the crook of your arm are among the most important preventive measures. Keep as much distance as possible when coughing or sneezing, preferably turn away.
- Addressing people eye-to-eye at a short distance must be avoided.
- Ventilate rooms and corridors regularly, preferably cross-ventilate.
Regulations for the implementation of the teaching:
- A FFP2 mask must also be worn in the lecture hall/seminar room/lab and the seat must be taken immediately.
- There is a general obligation for participants to wear a medical face mask during the entire course. For teaching staff, the medical mask obligation applies if a minimum distance of 3 metres from the students cannot be maintained.
- For events (e.g. laboratory practicals) where the minimum distance of 1.50 metres cannot be maintained, and/or internal meetings, the wearing of an FFP2 mask is mandatory.
- The OVGU provides the necessary medical face masks (FFP2 masks or surgical masks) for its employees. The need for medical face masks can be registered with K43, Tel.: 56082.
Self-test on campus:
The OVGU will promptly make an offer for a free self-test under supervision per week to its employees. These self-tests will also include the issue of a certificate with the test result for internal use at the OVGU. The test offer is initially intended primarily for those who do not work on a mobile basis.
As capacities will initially be limited, it is essential to make use of the services offered by the test centres in the city or at your own place of residence. The rapid test centre in the IBA shop is operated by the University Hospital Magdeburg. Pharmacies also offer rapid antigen tests without registration. An overview of the pharmacies in Saxony-Anhalt that offer tests is listed here.
It should be noted that the offer of a test is not to be understood in the sense of a "free test" and does not have any facilitating effect on strict compliance with the hygiene concept. A negative result does not exempt from the obligation to wear a mask or the distance requirement.