Dynamic Systems and Biosystems Engineering (CDS)
With the participation of five faculties, scientists from Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg and the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems are seeking, within the framework of the University of Magdeburg's key research priority, to map and systematically manipulate complex dynamic systems. Key technologies include mathematical modelling and simulation, optimisation, design of experiments, control and regulation Objectives include the development of personalised medicine, the production of vaccines in cell cultures and the manufacture of biopolymers.
Spokesperson / Board of Directors
- Prof. Dr. Ing. Achim Kienle, Chair of Automation Technology/Modelling in the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg and external scientific member of the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems Magdeburg.
- Prof. Dr. Ing. Kai Sundmacher, Chair of Process Systems Engineering in the Faculty of Process and Systems Engineering at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Director at the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems Magdeburg, spokesperson of the DFG-funded Collaborative Research Centre TR 63.
- Prof. Dr. Michael Naumann, Director of the Institute of Experimental Internal Medicine in the Faculty of Medicine at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg and spokesperson of the DFG-funded Research Training Group 2408.
- Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
- Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems Magdeburg
- Research Training Group of Collaborative Research Centre 854:
Molecular Organisation of Cellular Communication in the Immune System
- Collaborative Research Centre Transregio 63:
Integrated Chemical Processes in Liquid Multiphase Systems
- Research Training Group 2408 (GRK 2408):
Maladaptive processes across physiological barriers in chronic diseases